The Emerging Leaders track is a two-year leadership training program which gives participants the opportunity to work with emerging leaders from across the region and a chance to receive coaching from experienced leaders in ministry.
The training is made up of four modules, two in each year of the course. Our first module was a week-long training held at Long Bay, Auckland.
Mark Rutter our main speaker (US Director of Leadership Development and HR) spoke on Cru’s Leadership Framework. The framework is comprised of six elements: Heart, Relationships, Roles, Responsibilities, Results and an undergirding foundation of Stewardship.
My main takeaway: Invest in your team
“A man’s greatest talents are not in how much he has been able to do alone, but how effective he has been in getting others to work with him. A good leader leads men; a great leader trains leaders.”Henrietta Mears
- Prepare and equip the team to pursue the mission
- Ensure the right person is doing the right job
- Create an environment for growth
- Develop individuals
Idea: Go through a book with the team and have weekly book discussions to not only foster growth but also motivate one another. A few of the books that we might begin with for “win” phase at the beginning of the semester are:
- Fireseeds of Spiritual Awakening by Dan Hayes
- The Finishers by Roger Hershey
- The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert E. Coleman
- Everyone, Everywhere; Glimpses of God’s Global Work Through People Like You by Erick Schenkel
Any other recommendations?