Module 2 of our Emerging Leaders Initiative was held in September at Mt Tamborine in Brisbane.
Our ELI team made up of Nathan, Nani and Sai (coach) got to present our research project and I got to share about ministry so far in Namaka.
We had two main streams at the Leadership Summit. The first one was for senior staff/leaders, their speaker was Gregg Hinzelman who spoke on developing vision and engaging donors. I was glad I could sit in on most of their sessions. The second was the ELI and our main speaker was Holly Sheldon. Holly spoke on “leading larger” and how that drove her to begin a ministry now known as Bridges International.
There were quite a few but this one really summed most of it up.
- James 4 says that we don’t have because we don’t ask
- Pray for God to give you God-sized vision
- Pray for the World – Ps. 2:8
- Pray for labourers – Matt. 9:37-38
- Jesus intentionally looked around, saw the need and used that as inspiration to implore his disciples to beg God for reinforcements
- Look at the spiritual aspect of current events
- Look to God’s heart for the world through scripture from Genesis through Revelation
- Work hard at developing vision
- Educate yourself about the area you are trying to impact
- Utilise online resources
- Spend time with visionaries and people who are stepping out in faith
- Learn missionary facts
- Vision is simply trusting God for the possibilities of the future and talk about it
- Our hearts tend to follow our wallets
- Support nationals – get their prayer letters
- Join a mission project
- Tell stories about missions experiences
- Use other peoples stories
- Impart vision into all aspects of your ministry