Please be praying for these potential partnerships:
Auckland Bible Church, NZ
In October I got to show Justin (Tandem Director) and Tim (Senior Pastor of Auckland Bible Church) around Nadi and the campus. Pst Tim is planning on bringing a team of about 8-12 church members for a one week mission trip to Nadi in July next year.
- Pray for the team as they raise their support
- Pray for their time on campus and opportunities to link up with the churches nearby
Sunday afternoon Nathan and I, along with his father-in-law Mr Bloomfield (WEC) met with Mr Asif from OM UK in talking about strategies to help reach Muslims while continuing to encourage Christian workers in the field.
*Sorry, that’s about all I can share online*
But here is how you can be praying:
- For wisdom and strength to share the Gospel message
- That God would guide us to meet those whom he has prepared to listen
- God would take those who have heard the Gospel to apply it to other listening hearts
We’ve been so encouraged by having FamilyLife staff John and Julie Majors (and family) here in Fiji for the past six months. It’s been such a great time to get to know each other, learn and also talk about ministry. One of the things that Judith and I have been feeling God impress on our hearts lately is the need to reach out to the handful of young couples at church. The Majors helped us see that as full-time workers we also need to invest as much; if not more, into discipling our own kids and learning to love our spouses better.
We’re looking forward to starting our very own “home-group” with other couples next year to learn more about Godly parenting. For now here’s how you can be praying specifically:
- Pray for 4-6 couples to join us in going through FamilyLife’s the Art of Parenting material
- Opportunities to assist and learn from Pita and Mere Nacuva (FamilyLife Directors, Fiji)
- Attend a “Weekend to Remember” event with two more couples (friends of ours)
More about FamilyLife on their website – www.familylife.com
One of our main prayer points this year has been that God would send more workers to our campus. We were praying specifically for female staff since they represent the big percentage of the student population.
We’re happy to announce that Kelera (Lela) will be joining our team next year. Lela has just graduated from New Staff Training and was recently based at the Fiji National University campus in Nasinu near Suva.
Lastly, please pray for another female staff member (can’t name at the moment) from the US who currently works with international students in Australia. She’ll be coming to Fiji in April to visit the campus and meet with the team to explore the possibilities of doing ministry here in the West.